Since its inception, MAAM members have been donating and performing their original songs for the Kenosha Comes Alive CD. Along with a few local sponsors these musicians pay for production costs and in past years MAAM has donated the profits from the sale of the CD to the KUSD Music Program.
In 2013 MAAM developed the MAAM KCA Grant Fund. Now KUSD Music Program Teachers may now apply directly to MAAM in the form of a grant for funds. In previous years MAAM has awarded grants for guitar strings, saxophone stands, orchestra chairs, recording microphones and travel expenses for Music Program Events. New in 2018 MAAM is offering grants to low income families to help with music lessons or musical instrument purchase or rental costs.
How to fill out the application.
1) The top of the application page gives you specific amounts to request from $25 to $350.
Please check the amount that will come close to fulfilling your need.
2) Person making the request is who the money is for.
3) Person/Department/Organization/Vendor would be who the check should be written to ie; The music store your purchasing from or the teacher who gives the lessons for instance if it is to subsidize music lessons it would be someone like Music Center or Kenosha Conservatory of Music.
4) Please give us a description of what you are purchasing.
5) Please help us make our decision by answering the 3 questions at the bottom of the application.
Deadline for the application is January 24, 2018. Winners will be notified by Jan. 26th and awards will be presented at the 2018 Band O Rama. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Candy Eisenhauer, MAAM Treasurer and KCA Committee Chairman – 262-496-9400.